WELCOME TO RØLDAL
Røldal is a unique meeting location in between east and west Norway and the roads E134, RV13 and 520 (summer road).
The village and surrounding mountains have a lot to offer.
Here is our tips to activities and sights:
Walking distance from Hordatun
- A paddle tour on the Røldalslake; you can rent cayaks from Hordatun
- Go for a mountain hike to Breiborg and Stordalsnibba
Røldal village center
- Go for the village tour hike
- Røldal stave church (open daily 15.06. - 31.08. in 2020)
- Røldal village museum
Røldal mountain hikes
- Austdalen - Grøndalen https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t_NAPOeC3iVoaOoau4_Vcp_iJuiXUGFA/view?usp=sharing
- Grytingstølen https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PNbDVvQNLKQOFmFHFo_ooB_8hJh1Ib3x/view?usp=sharing
- Røldalssåtå https://drive.google.com/file/d/1grlHS8ydU22Bg_xFUD6jP4ccCkdISpgF/view?usp=sharing
- Hallet Grøne https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QTUygwioRqEJjOMuBz2TIxitlianx_ux/view?usp=sharing
Within 1h drive
Within 2h drive
2h + drive
A suggestion for a day trip with car
Røldal - Ryfylke - Sauda - Almannajuvet - Røldal (3t drive)
Inkludes national tourist road Ryfylke, the salmon studio, Svandalsfossen water fall and Almannajuvet.